Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Review

Ok, I did get much of the room sorted but am not done yet. I had way more fabric than I realized! I used comic book boards to fold up my fabrics into uniform stacks. (Fat quarters are on on smaller boards. Bulkier fabrics were folded into separate piles or sealed in vacuum bags.) Here's what I have so far:

It's a marked improvement from where I started last Friday. I am eager to get more of it finished later this week. Finding some hidden gems underneath piles of fabrics was like Christmas in a way. I also sorted all scraps by colors into separate bins that are labeled underneath my sewing machine table so I can find them quickly.

I did manage to sort and organize my tools into pretty labeled drawers. It's nice to have them all in one section of my room instead of 3 separate areas.

I started sewing again today and am working on my idea for the Madrona Road fabrics from my guild. Our projects are due in March and I have a bit more work to do. I have a design in mind but need more hours in the day to work, sleep, eat and quilt. I'll take pictures and share those later this week when I have time to post.

I can't wait to get projects done now. I love the fabrics I've collected over the years and am eager to make great things happen with them.

P.S. -Is it wrong that I want to go shopping for even more fabrics now that I have a great system to sort them?

3 comments:

Alejandrina said...

It looks so neat...If I tried to be so organized, I'd just sit and admire the colors and never sew anything :)

Rene' said...

Good for you! Your fabric stash looks amazing. I have purchased a huge stack of comic boards but can't seem to face the huge task at hand ;-)

Anonymous said...

I totally relate to the need to clean up the sewing area, but then my clean up session was followed by acquiring even more fabric!