Sunday, March 24, 2013

Making Progress in March

This month has been a whirlwind of fun. Despite a busy season at work, I'm still making time to sew and quilt. I even completed my long arm certification at my local quilt shop so I can make larger projects this year. I haven't had a chance to rent time on it yet, but I can't wait to expand on designs in my sketch book. (My guild president offered to show me how to use her L.A. machine, too, which makes me eager to get crafty!)

I completed a few mini quilts for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative challenge and a several pillowcases for the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge. I can't wait to create more this year for the different challenges our guild plans to sponsor.
I also spent a lot of time enjoying my sewing table and practicing free-motion techniques before I put together my QAYG project.

Time for a photo summary...

"I Wish I Made That" Winner at OMQG

Gifts from QuiltCon. I am so there in 2015!
Bargello Blues for AAQI
Missing You for AAQI
For Mom (AAQI)


BOM for April OMQG

My Pillowcases

More of my pillowcases

I love our guild's creativity and generosity.

Leftover gingham strips for top of baby quilt.

Drunkard's Path blocks
(Pattern TBD)
... and that's all for now. I look forward to making more to share.

No comments: