Thursday, September 12, 2013

Crazy Town!

My life (and work) has been on a round trip to Crazy Town lately. There is so much to do and 24 hours is just not enough to fit everything. So, I've had to cut back on things that give me the most joy. I know this ride will not last forever so I am taking everything in stride as best as I can.

I did manage to sneak in some sewing over the weekend which helped take away some of the stress I've been under with my job.


Broken Arrow
My next block for the Skill Builder BOM is done. I'm still so far behind but I will be getting more done soon! I really liked piecing this one as it used up those little scraps I've had at the bottom of my bucket for this project. I didn't think I would need those itty bitty pieces but am so glad I didn't pitch them just yet. I still have to rip out the paper on the back and add the borders but I'm in love with the colors. I only made the center arrow in rainbow order. (Do you see where I messed up? It bugs me but not enough to sew the whole thing over again.) I'm even more glad that I chose to do solids for this quilt because I would not want to match up prints or anything that needed to be set in a specific direction.


Rainbow Ribbon
I also finished my quilt top from the Jacquie Gering stitch and flip class. (Forgive the terrible lighting on this one. It's been raining so much here that I didn't want to take it outside yet.) I'll post a better picture when it's quilted and has a binding. There's another error but its imperfection is what makes this quilt special to me.

I leave next week for a work conference and I'm actually excited to go this year. It means I get a little break from the day-to-day tasks that require my constant attention. I wish I could tuck my sewing machine in my suitcase. Perhaps I'll start on another hand sewing project...hahahahaha! I'm too spoiled by technology to attempt more hand work in this lifetime.

May your trips to Crazy Town be short stays!

No comments: