Saturday, October 19, 2013

Getting It Done! - Day 19

Today, I decided to finish up some projects that are needed later this year. It felt so good to check things off of my "to do list".

Wedding Gift

I'm almost done quilting this table runner I started a while back for some dear friends in NC. They are getting married in November and this table runner will be part of our gift. I'll make the bias binding to attach it next weekend so I can have it in the mail soon.

A Dresden ruler was used to make this fun, curvy design.


Halloween Fun

I completed the front plate of my nephew's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume for Halloween. Since he already has a mask and turtle shell backpack, he just needed a few pieces to make his outfit complete. Here's the front that will be attached to a tank top to resemble the underside of the shell:

I just have to make the "leather" strap that holds his bo staff.

Anniversary Gift

I finally finished the Tetris quilt top for my friends' 10 year wedding anniversary. (I'll take a picture of the completed quilt when it's all done.)
My favorite part is the side where I made little mini Tetris pieces to resemble the upcoming pieces when you're playing. I embroidered the high score with their wedding anniversary date.


Since it's queen sized, I think I need a date with a long arm machine to have this thing quilted by March. I would love to have it done by Christmas but I don't want to rush it and ruin all the work that was put into it.

I look forward to a productive Sunday.

Did you get to finish something fun today?

No comments: