Friday, October 25, 2013

My First - Day 25

My first quilt is still one of my favorites. I think it was filled with practical tips and ways to create quilts. She also has a fun sense of humor along the way.

This gift from my mother-in-law was the best thing when I was first learned to quilt. I talked about making one for my friend's baby and she brought me her book the very next day. I started reading and learning the jargon. I then started inhaling other quilt books from the library. A few years after realizing I loved quilting, I starting building my own collection of books. Many in my collection deal with pattern making and modern quilting. It's so vital that one starts with the basics of quilting to move forward. This book covers all that a newbie truly needs.

What was your first quilting book?

No comments: