Sunday, November 3, 2013

And then this happened...

So, I was busy working on my next quilt and cutting away. I placed my ruler on the chair to get it out of the way for a second. I took out my machine to sit down and start piecing. I sat down and heard a snap. I lost my first and well loved ruler today. It'a almost 11 years old and was some of the marking were faded. It worked well and we've made many quilts together.

She will be missed!


I was a little sad until I realized what this meant...an excuse to go shopping! Breaking it was quite fortuitous really because I found the ruler of my dreams, it's 36 inches in length instead of just 24. Whoo hoo! I didn't even know they existed. I haven't looked for a longer ruler since I had my old faithful. I've wanted a ruler that can cut a yard at a time without lifting it and moving it over. Now, thanks to my error I have one. 


No comments: