Sunday, January 19, 2014

S-u-c-c-e-s-s

After losing a fight with scant 1/4 in seams, I was quite victorious in the battle. Once I figured out that my presets on my machine were gone, I played around to find the sweet spot. (Now, they are saved. Whoo hoo!) I was able to get a lot of blocks put together successfully on Saturday and part of Sunday. That kind of success makes me want to kiss my own biceps.

I had a great time at the Orlando MQG Sew Day on Saturday. The company is always great and the food is always delicious. I finished the two blocks that I failed to piece correctly last week and started designing my next quilt project.

Here are the highlights:

Stash Bee January BOM
Orlando MQG February BOM

On Sunday, I also finished up by last two blocks from the Skill Builder BOM from 2013. Finally! The paper piecing was insane but the results are worth it.

Strip Triangle
Starlight Block

My goal is to have them put together sometime this century. I decided to do the quilt-as-you-go technique after all. This way, I can quilt with each thread color needed and only change out the colors once. I can also manipulate them on my home machine and practice my modern quilting. I'll work on the piano key border once I have all of the squares joined and I can measure the finished sides accurately.

The birthday fairy did bring me both Angela Walters books on modern quilting so I'll be able to practice her techniques along the way. I'll be sure to post the blocks as I finish them.

I'm so grateful for the day off on Monday. No work=more time to quilt.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Post a Comment