Saturday, October 5, 2013

Simply done - Day 5

Today, I was able to spend some time with my family for a joint birthday for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. We all shared some tapas and good conversation. I was even schooled in air hockey by my 5-year old nephew. (Final score: Nephew 5 games, Me 2 games)

I made them a few items including a table runner and some trivets. I forgot to take a picture of the table runner. (It was purple with bonsai trees and running water from Japan. They are both into Japanese art so I knew it would work well with their decor.)

I also made some trivets using a few of the Halloween BOM from Wed's lottery win. (These were more on the sweet side of Halloween. I am using the scary ones for the bigger quilt I started for my godson.)

Front of Trivets

Back of Trivets
 I used Isul-brite with extra cotton batting and quilted them in a square spiral. So easy and simple to create. (I've been making her pot holders and trivets for each holiday since they lost many of them last year.)


I love when my weekends are simple again. Fall is in the air.

Hope you had a great Saturday!

No comments: