Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Birthday Month's Almost Over

January is almost over and I feel like I just celebrated New Years yesterday! It's been a spectacular birthday month and I am now able to sit down and start sharing some of my swag since my last posts.

My friends and family know exactly how to spoil me. The fun fabrics and Angela Walters books are already being put to good use. I am pretty excited about future projects that I can dream of making.

Here's part of my haul:
Place mats from Judy!
I love how well they match my table runner.
Pressing mat with pockets and a trash holder.
Love!
Fabrics from my love.
The little scissors make me smile.
This love letter fabric is amazing.
J'adore the center where is says,
"Holding your hand over the rainbow".
The following came in a goodie box from my in-laws in PA:
Precuts - too many to spread out.
I'll just share the finished projects later.)
This photo does not show the awesomeness of these batiks and
hand-dyed fabrics she found online.
My favorite way to have sweets!
These ethnic prints are so fun.
My favorite is the wax print elephants, of course.
Rainbows, butterflies, colorful elephants,
yes please and thank you!
Great colors to use for piecing and borders!
I am open to suggestions on this one!
A yard of pink, gray and black animal print has me stumped.


I hope you get lots of fabric from those you love this year!

--------------------------------------------------
Works in Progress:

Switching gears now for a bit, I wanted to share something fun I worked on today.

A very generous Beth let me have some time on her long arm to work on some quilting. Here's the Halloween quilt and am finishing for my godson. I am forming a giant spider web using free motion quilting with glow-in-the-dark thread. I get a little giddy when I turn off the lights as I am pretty excited about how it's turning out. I can't wait to see his smile in person instead of on Skype since they are coming down in a few months for a visit.

I'll try to get a good picture of the glow-in-the-dark thread work
when it's all finished and bound later this week.
(He's now very into Wonder Woman which has my brain already thinking of another project for him. Perhaps I'll make a pillow? You may not know I feel about Linda Carter but I love her! Can't wait to start sketches for that!)

I also worked on my friends' baby quilt that is coming along nicely. I didn't get any good pics of it yet but I'll be sure to post those when the sun decides to come out.

I'll stop here for now and share my other projects in another post this week.

Thanks for reading to the end of this one! Enjoy your last few days of January.

No comments: